Thursday, October 30, 2008
I think I have come up with a plan to tide me over until my running group starts. The group starts on the 25th and I know I will be running Tuesday, Wed and Sunday with them and then one other day on my own. Starting this Sunday I will do the following until then:
Sundays: Long run. Week 1&2 - 6km, Week 3&4 - 7km
Mondays: spin and weight bootcamp
Tuesday: run with intervals: 4-5km miles plus 1-2 min intervals
Wednesdays: weight training; yoga @ night
Thursdays: run with pickups: 4-5 kms with 4 pickups
Fridays: REST...the best day of the week.
Saturdays: probably spin class
I love it when a plan (finally) comes together...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
4:52am: back inside to find second layer
4:53am: search closet for hat
5:00am: finally out the door for my run. Of course I really did not need the second layer as I ended up warming up but geez already...Old Man Winter - let us ease in it!
All in all, an ok run I guess. I have to be a bit more consistent with my running as I don't really have a plan right now but I need one. My official group starts Nov 25th but I need to be some semblance of a proper routine by then.
Goal: devise plan to get ready for this. Will post it tomorrow.
Yoga is tonight...Yeah! I envison some pain as my stretching has been 'vague' at best. I am going to have to work out which session I can actually attend as I found out my running group meets every Tuesday and Wednesday along with the Sunday runs so hopefully the early Thursday class is open. If not, the only time through the week my husband and I will see each other is Friday nights. Hmmm....
I made a great veggie chili last night:
1 pkg PC Ground soy
1 each of chopped green, orange and yellow peppers. (no red pepper at Fortino's last night? Hmm)
1 can each of crushed and diced organic tomatoes
1 jalapano chopped
1/2 red onion diced
2 kinds of chili powder - regular and chipotle
1 clove garlic diced
1 can organic kidney beans
I saute the onion and garlic in a very small amount of canola oil then just combine everything else and simmer. Garnish with whatever you want - cilantro, ff sour cream or cheese.
Delish put more on my dish....
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
- I finally had my eye appt yesterday as I had not had a checkup in ages. Apparently, my eyesight is getting better as I get older. Hmm...should be 20/20 if I live to 90.
- I am getting new, very funky glasses which I can't wait for. They were pricey but I have tended to cheap out on other pairs so nothing doing this time.
- Yoga starts this week and I cannot wait. It is a really hard class - 70 minutes of Ashtanga - but at the end you feel so amazing. Since it is at night, I end up sleeping so much better.
- I have officially committed to a new running group that starts Nov 25th in preparation for the Chilly Half Marathon (March 2009). Let the pain gain begin....I will be running 3/week with them, on top of spinning, yoga and weight training. I may have to get a cot installed at the gym.
- We are eating at our favorite restaurant in Burlington on Friday (yes Halloween) and I cannot wait. The chef is so inovative and you never know when he is going to come up with. I have no problem saving up on the calorie side to indulge that night. Saturday's spin class with be extra sweaty as well.
- I made a huge batch of steel cut oats last night and portioned them out so I can customize each one for breakkie. Here is this morning's eaten at my desk:
oats, pumpkin, raisins, cinnamon, Matisse...yum
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This was delicious. I would cut back on the sugar next time as it was a bit sweet. I also used whole wheat flour and it turned out great.
Again, very good. I used very little oil to keep it low fat and just used President's Choice tziki sauce. Hubby said it was ok but I will keep it in the rotation.
This was my own creation. I sprayed chicken breasts with a bit of PC canola oil and coated them with ww breadcrumbs tossed with a bit of the following dried herbs: cumin, cayene, paprika. Baked them @ 375 until done. Topped the chicken with a bit of PC Buffalo chicken sauce and served it on salad. It was awesome. After his run, the husband had his wrapped in a whole wheat wrap with a bit of blue cheese dressing. This is a keeper recipe for sure.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Goose - the youngest and the devil incarnate
Parker and Moe
We had to put Parker down in January 2008 and miss him still.
The best dog ever. He has been gone over a year and I miss him so.
Me and the Husband
A horrific pic of us heading out for the RR 5km Resolution Run. Who knew that running 5km on New Year's Eve would be FUN?