Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mz Sick

Dammit I hate being sick. I seriously cannot remember that last time I had a cold, flu or anything of the like. Apparently, I am getting paid back in spades as I am really not well at all. I have thrown everything I can think of at it - water, OJ, vitamins, zinc, echinacea, Advil - to no avail. I finally had to break down and get some actual OTC meds which I reallllly hate taking but I need some relief.
Hopefully this will leave as fast as it came on. It is hard to remember that just a few days ago, I was out enjoying the sun on my 22km Sunday run.
The Chilly half is less than 2 weeks away. I hope I am not jinxing it but according to the really long term forecast, the weather might actually be nice for race day.
I may need it as the thought of walking a few steps let along running 21.1 km is incomprehensible...
Me a sucky sick person? Never....

2 comments:

Amy said...

I understand... feeling your pain... although I'm feeling a bit better today. Hope you come through it soon. I swear by Airborn and Theraflu!

Amy said...

You know... sometimes I think that winter running makes me sick. I seem to get one doozy a year, and its always when I'm in prime training mode.

Hope you feel better soon! :)