Well, I knew realistically that this would not be a "race" for me since I was still suffering from my wicked cold from the week before. I was still hoping that I could dig deep and pull out a good run which I did for about 15km. After a huge coughing fit just after the 15km mark, I really started to slow down...and get slower and slower and really struggled the last few kms.
- overall the weather was good. We had the wind at us for the first 5km or so but not a whole lot for the rest of the race. I was almost too warm for the last 7km....
- support of my run club and husband - they seriously rock! Everyone cheered me on and gave me congrats even though I felt disappointed. Many were surprised I even ran seeing as how sick I was prior to the race.
- the first 15km was actually a good pace for me so I am happy with that and will use this to improve upon for the ATB relay that happens at the end of March.
- the event itself is really well organized, the volunteers FANTASTIC , great aid stations and a nice course as well. It was nice to have a area in City Hall where we could change after the race.
- Thanks to the spectators who cheered us on...it meant a lot.
- NEVER use the first porta - potty stop on the course. I lost over 5 min waiting when I could have easily made it to the next one where there was no one waiting. Duh.
- coughing fit at the 15km mark. Thought I was going to toss up my gel at one point.
- Hip was a bit bothersome around 17km so I need to ensure this is loosened up.
- Newbie runners - Don't run/walk 4 across! It makes it difficult to get around you.
I did get some nice bling.....