Thursday, April 16, 2009

Speedwork #2

Well....it wasn't as much fun as Speedwork #1 but I tried to work hard and I accomplished that.

Plan:
1o min warm up
3 min hard / 4 min easy (walking if need be) - 3 repeats
10 min cool down

My last 3 min repeat was faster than the first two which isn't really the goal as ultimately you want all 3 repeast to be the same times. I guess I hit a better stride at the end as even my cool down was pretty quick for me. It was a beautiful night to run - not quite short wearning weather for me as I am not yet ready to flaut my pasty legs just yet.

I was a bit tired last night as I hit up the gym early yesterday morning and did the elliptical for 30 min and weights for another 30. You might say: "Go Me" but at this point, the only way to fit all of this stuff in (weights, crosstraining, running etc.) is to double up workouts on a couple of days. I am not pushing myself on the crosstraining/weights days like I do when I run so why not right? Plus, golf season is starting and I have to try to fit that in as well.

Tuesday night's tempo run was pretty good as well - I am getting faster though it has taken me a long time to get to this point. The tortoise won the race right?


2 comments:

Amy said...

Running fast is over rated.

Sara said...

Where do you do your speedwork? The Nelson track? I haven't been to any of the tracks in the area but really must!!!

Congrats on getting faster!