Sunday we ran the full Around the Bay 30km route.
It was a great.day. I truly hope race day has at least a hint of how nice today was – no snow, sun, virtually no wind and just a great day to be out.
So the wins of the run:
- I only carried my hand held with my water/electrolyte replacer. It was fine. I hydrate at ton so for race day, I can still have some water at the stop but not be freaked that I will shrivel up.
- I kept up a faster pace than I have been training with.
- The sun was out in full force for about 20km of the run.
- I ran with just me the whole run..and didn’t go insane. I succumbed to music around the 21km mark because the voices in my head have the same bad singing voice as I do.
- I have one small blister as a result of the run. The Blister Queen thanks you Injinji socks and Everstride.
- I didn’t let the route beat me up at all…I attacked the rolling hills like they were my job.
- My small race belt that has built in gel holders worked perfectly. Now I don’t have to wear my giant Batman fuel belt on race day.
So it wasn’t perfect – I still struggle with that ‘heavy’ leg feeling that I get but I am hopefully I will just throw it all out the window on race day and prove these solo slowwwwwww training runs are paying off.
How was your weekend? If you run, do you get that heavy legs feeling and how do you combat it?